Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I Melt...

This little guy has a way of making me melt. Something about him...just does it to me. 

It could be his cry. He really does have a sad cry.  It's starts so soft, like a whimper and gradually builds. If he's really wanting my attention or if I'm not feeding him quick enough it turns into an all out scream but still a sad one. 

Maybe it effects me so much because of the 50+ times he got poked in the heel when he was just 2 days old, to check his blood sugar levels.

Or because when he got his second PKU his heel wouldn't bleed (from being poked so much) so each time they squeezed his foot he screamed. 

 Or it could be from when he got circumcised and the bleeding wouldn't stop, and he was, once again screaming in pain. 

It could be a combo of all these things. I've been pretty lucky when it came to healthy babies. So when we had to monitor him and then when we almost had to take him to the ICU I got a little scared and attached to the little guy. 

Or it could be that when his heart rate dropped during delivery I was so scared all I wanted was for him to survive. 

It could be the way he whimpers so softly as he's putting himself to sleep. 

Or the way he reminds me of a porcelain doll with his fair completion and perfectly smooth face. 

But I'm pretty sure it could definitely be from his smile though. I mean look at this cute little boy...

All I know is I'm sure glad that this little guy tagged along for this fun adventure. I couldn't imagine life without him, even if he does turn me into a softie. 

No comments: