Saturday, December 3, 2011

Snow Day Part II...

Yesterday we got about 5" of snow, which may not sound like much compared to the 24" that is covering my parents yard, but that 5" was just perfect for our needs. We pulled out the sleds and tubes and headed over to some hills on our property. Cousins came over to join in on the fun. Jerry also rigged up a sled from a piece of his brothers broken dryer and pulled people around on it with our 4 wheeler. I went for a couple of these rides...two of which I crashed. HARD. After the second one, I knew my hip would have a good bruise and that my wrist would probably break in the next crash so I stuck to just watching my boys sled. Boy were they in heaven. That is until their fingers would freeze. All we had for gloves were the soft fabric ones that get soaked. Luckily, I had the twins bundled up in their car seats in the car so we'd sit in there and warm up their hands and then head back out for more fun.

Needless to say, they are already asking when it will snow more so that we can do it again. Hopefully soon because that was a blast. Plus it was a great excuse to make some delicious hot cocoa. Mmmm. Mmmm. Mmmm!

1 comment:

Tia said...

Wowzers! That's so crazy you guys got so much snow. We don't have anything up here in Utah!