Saturday, November 8, 2008

Just Reminders...

I am using this blog for journal so I wanted to write a list of all the little stuff Kaysen does that I love. I know one day I will forget that he once did all of this so this entry is for me, Jerry and Kaysen...and for anyone who is interested.

1. When he is ready for bed he says, "I want nigh nigh" then is ready for his jammies and a nighttime "biper" (diaper). He then kneels in front of the couch and pats the floor tell Jerry and me to kneel beside him for prayer. When this is over he promptly gets "Gagers bankie." (I used it for Gage once so now it is Gagers blankie, not Kaysens even though Kaysen uses it daily) He then lets me know he wants his "pellow" and lays down on the couch. He has to have a sippie full of milk and either Jerry or me sitting at his feet on the couch. While he is drinking the milk we have to have one hand on his belly so that one of his hands can play with our fingers. When he his done with the milk he will put it on the floor then roll over onto his belly and says, "I bup, I bup" so that we can burp him. (he started this after Gage was born) Within a few minutes he is usually out, but not before a few moments of talking about his day to himself.

2. When he says a prayer he says, "uh Mommy, uh Daddy, uh Gagers" over and over no matter what he tell him to say. When the prayer is finished he says, "ALL DONE!!" instead of amen.

3. When he wakes in the middle of the night he comes to my side of the bed and wakes me up then crawls in between Jerry and me. Every now and then we let him stay there if it is early morning. Otherwise we take him back to his room. When we do this he is crying for whichever one of us didn't put him there. Since Gage was born Jerry is usually the one to take him back to his room. Kaysen then says, "Daddy set." (sit) He is such a wild sleeper so his mattress is on the floor and so we will lay next to him until he is asleep. However 9 out of 10 times Jerry falls asleep next to him so when I get up with Gage I have to wake Jerry up so he'll come back to our bed.

4. He loves to "Pop It." This is a ridiculously loud popping noise that he makes with his tongue. My Dad always popped at Kaysen like this when he was just a baby. By the time Kaysen was about 10 months old he had the "popping" mastered. Before he could talk he would "POP" when he wanted to go see Papa.

5. He has to "bep it." (dip it) No matter what he eats he has to "bep it" in something. I just love the way he says it.

6. When I pull up to any fast food restaurant he immediately says, "Mama, I wan toke." (Mama, I want coke) Seriously, I don't eat fast food THAT much! He hast to put the straw in the cup or he throws an absolute fit and he has to hold the cup if he wants a drink. Picky little man huh???

7. He loves to smash bugs. To keep him busy when I am doing a craft in the garage I put him on "BUG PATROL" and he will go around trying to find bugs and smashing them. He won't just smash them once though...he'll do it to the same one until he finds another one or gets distracted.

8. When I need him to quit doing something I ask him to come help me and he runs to wherever I am and says, "hep me, hep me." He loves to help anyone do anything. He always has to help me unload the dryer, fold clothes, cook food, take out the trash and change Gage's diaper. I encourage this though...I love my little helper!!!

9. Now that I have two kids to get loaded up in the truck I had to come up with something to keep Kaysen from running out in the road. I give him my diaper bag and ask him to carry it for me while I get Gage in the truck...it works great! The bag is too heavy for him to move very fast with. The whole time he is carrying it he says, "Momma, I strong!" Yes, Kaysen you are my strong boy!!!

10. When Jerry gets home from work he opens the garage door and Kaysen can hear it...no matter when he is doing. He drops everything and runs to the garage and says, "I wanna ride." He loves to crawl up on Jerry's lap and drive the car with him. Whenever it is time to come inside he is ticked so Jerry distracts him by asking him to carry his lunch box...which is very heavy. Kaysen then walks in the door yelling once again, "Momma, I strong!"

11. Whenever I am on the floor Kaysen pushes me over so that I am on all fours and says, "Heeehee! Heeehee!" ( sound of a horse) He loves to climb on my back as I crawl around the living room trying to buck him off...yes to an outside I would look like a fool but this gets Kaysen laughing so hard. And hearing his laugh is totally worth the humiliation of someone seeing me.

12. When we go shopping he says, "I pooosh. I pooosh." (I just love the way that he says it! ) He doesn't want to ride in the cart so he offers to help us push it. He stands behind the basket, in front of us and pushes the basket. This usually only last as long as he can see through the basket though...which isn't very long. We fill it up too fast!

13. He loves Mickey Mouse! However, he calls him "Toodles" (because of the tool that brings them the Mouse-ka-tools on the cartoon) When he draws a picture he always asks us to draw "Toodles" for him. Then he will point out his ears, eyes, nose and teeth and will color each one. He is so smart!!

14. He acts out everything he is trying to say if he doesn't know the word. Example: When my Dad fills up the stove with pellets Kaysen does this: "Papa" (then he bends over sideways and acts like he is holding something in his hand and pours) then says, "fire, hot, owies." I swear he is going to be an actor or a mime...

15. When he sees words or letters he points to them and says, "eee, owww, oooh, eee, aaaa." He really thinks he is saying the word and laughs afterwards.

16. He loves any kind of tool and says that every tool is "like Daddy's." He just wants everything to be like Daddy. If Daddy is working with tools he has to have the same tool in his hand (don't worry most of them are play tools.) If Daddy is diggin the the dirt, he has his little shovel and is digging right beside Daddy. I love that he wants to be just like Jerry. If he keeps it up he will be an amazing man when he grows up!!!



3 comments:

April said...

Tyce loves Mickey Mouse too! Your boys are so cute! I'm glad you let me know you have a blog! I hope to see you soon!!

Traci said...

Hey Charlsye, Im so glad you found me and left me a comment. It will be so fun to keep up with you guys. Your baby reminds me of how big Brittyn was. He is a doll. So is Kaysen. What a sweet little family you have. I can't wait to check back.

girltrapped said...

Charlsye,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I just love seeing you around town, it is so crazy to me that you went from being one of my Young Women girls to a wife and mother!! It seems like it was over night! I am so proud of you!! You always have your sweet smile on your face, I have always thought you were one great person. Thanks again for checking in on my blog! Yours looks great.