Monday, November 3, 2008

So much to be gratetful for....

Seeing as how this is the season to be thankful I decided to write some of the things that I am grateful for...of course there are many more but here's just a short list of things to remind me that I truly have so much to be grateful for. As I think about more each day, I might add more. There are just too many things...

12. Health - I have always been a pretty healthy person...besides my 6 sugeries. {accident prone} Now that I have children I realize what a blessing it is to wake up most days feeling good...besides being sleep deprived. It is so much harder to take care of them and play with them on days when I'm not feeling my best. Also, I am so grateful that my boys are healthy!

11. My Sister & My mom- They are my best friends. They know the real me and love me anyways. They support me...even if they don't agree with what I am doing. I'd have to say that we are all too much a like and that is why we have the disagreements that we have...but I don't mind being like them.

10.Clothes - I hate being cold and I love to be warm! And let's face it...there are many people out there you don't want to see naked!

9.Laughter & Smiles - The laughter of my children is the greatest sound...nothing can make me smile or change my attitude faster. Luckily I have a husband that makes me laugh & smile on a daily basis!!

8.Running water - It is the greatest thing to be able to take hot showers and have indoor plumbing.

7.Electricity - To be able to see in the dark, get my hair ready, cook, clean and use the computer is amazing to me. Of course electricy also pays the bills...without it I wonder what my husband would do for work???

6.FREEDOM - Currently so many people are focusing on all the negative stuff that is happening and I just want to remind myself that we live in the greatest country there is.

5.Vehicles - I love that I can hop in one of our cars and go anywhere in no time. I love walking and it truly would be better for me to do more of it but cars sure are more convenient.

4.Food - Need I say more????

3.My house - It may not be huge or brand new, but it is my HOME. I have so many wonderful memories inside this house. From moving in and it just being Jerry and I to remodeling and working hard together and of course bringing home both of my children. My house provides a shelter for my family...something many people would be so lucky to have.

2.The Gospel - Without this I know that I wouldn't be as happy as I am today or as blessed. I know that the Atonement is real and because of this I am able to recieve many blessings. I am able to focus on the future more than the present...which really helps out on hard days. I know that no matter how hard today is Heavenly Father is willing and able to help. I know that I will be with my family FOREVER if I live for it!

1. My FAMILY- They love me, support me and are the greatest. I love being a mother and wife...it is the greatest and most rewarding job in the world. They are the only thing that I can have after this life is over and they are really all that I want!

No comments: