Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Off to an Early Start

I grogilly get out of bed at 4:03 am to the sound of Gage trying to breathe through his nose. (The poor boy has the stuffiest nose right now and is trying to learn how to breathe with it.) I lean over his crib and pick him up and he instantly settles down and cuddles next to me. He doesn't know what's coming though...I lay him on my bed and get "the booger sucker." Obviously he does NOT like this at all...but I just tell him it will make him feel better...yeah like he understands that! When I'm done with this task I hold him next to me and once again, he instantly relaxes. I walk into the living room and just hold my baby taking in that sweet baby lotion scent and thinking dang...it is way to early to be up! However I delight in the moment that I get to be alone with my sweet baby and realize...Waking up at 4 in the morning has been worth it!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh are you kinding me about Gage's weight? That is so funny. Cute blog, you actully have a lot more then I do, you're doing good :)

Krystin said...

I cannot believe how big he is!! considering i saw him during his first week of life when he was probably LOSING a little bit of weight! but he is the CUTEST chunky monkey! haha.... i think he might weigh more than Kiehra! very cute blog... i'm glad you've joined us all! we will be hearing this week about kyle's job... he has an interview this week sometime. are you planning to move to JC anytime soon?

Christy said...

Hey! I know the early morning feeling. Gage is so much bigger than Ryder, I can't believe it. Just wanted to let you I started up a blog too. Hope you don't mind I added you to my friends list. Check mine out at rcbrewer.blogspot.com nothing too exciting yet but it's there!

ashley b said...

Hey Charlsye! I just found you on Caitlin's blog so had to stop by! I'm glad your healthy little man is here! And what a cool name :)! In line with your post, I had to use that awful contraption on Garrett the other day and it was horrible because he was hating it and Gage thought I was just brutally torturing the poor boy so all the while he is crying and saying "Mommy no. Mommy no." I felt like the worst mom in the world!