Friday, September 18, 2009

a dab of color...

We are finally to the painting stage of our house. Actually we are done now. We just ordered our cabinets and will start our flooring soon. Here's a little preview of our house...
This is the view from the corner of our living room, going towards the bedrooms and bathroom. The color is Pavillion Beige. We actually got 2 sample quarts of completely differnt colors that we thought were definatly going to be "the one" but ended up hating both...thank goodness for sample quarts! I think this color turned out perfect!


This is a portion of the boys' room. The sun in the wrong spot so I couldn't get a picture of the whole wall. And me, being the impatient person I am, wanted the picture NOW not in 30 min when the sun was down. The color is "Leapfrog Green" or as Kaysen calls it DINOSAUR GREEN. Perfect for a boys room dontcha think? (Don't worry, this is an accent wall...their whole room isn't this bright!)

Now onto the bathroom...the color is called "Down Pour." It looks brighter here than it is in real life. I actually painted the extra bathroom in our current house this color and liked it so much I wanted it in the next bathroom.


This is the living room side of our dividing wall. The kitchen/dining is on the other side. This wall was the hardest one for me to chose. I REALLY wanted a deep eggplant purple but when I told most people that they thought I was NUTS so it got me second guessing myself. I'll admit when Jerry started painting this color I didn't like it. I was instantly thinking, "Why do I care what others think??? I should go with what I want!" Well its too late now and I actually LOVE the color. Now I all of my other decorations will fall into place... I hope.




No comments: