Monday, September 21, 2009

I {heart} coupons...

I haven't blogged on how much I LOVE coupons...I've only been doing it for 2 months now but I can already see the difference in my grocery bill and my food storage. Here is a recap of what I got this week at my local Safeway. (which I NEVER shopped at before coupons because I thought it was too expensive...now it beats the heck out of Wally World. I haven't been there for groceries/diapers/shampoo in 2 months! Yay!!)


I forgot to take a picture of it so I'll just give you a list....

4 boxes Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks @ .40 each.
4 boxes Betty Crocker Fruit Roll Ups @ .40 each
4 boxes Nature Valley Chewy Granola Bars @ .37 each.
6 bags Nature Valley Granola Clusters @ .37 each.
2 boxes Chex Bars @ .37 each
12 can Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup @ .25 each
4 Nissin Chow Mein Lunches @ $1.50 each
5 boxes Capri Sun FREE!!!
3 bags C&W frozen veggies @ $1.00 each
3 bags Green Giant Veggies steamers @ $1.00 each
2 loaves of Wonder Bread @ .89 each
2 gallons Whole Milk @ 1.98 each
6lbs or 18 drumsticks @ .88/lb = $5.32
4 Navel Oranges = $1.55
2 bags red & green grapes =$3.32
1 Childrens Tylenol @ 4.08

And the total is $70.72 (including tax) I Saved $122.19 (67% savings)

This wasn't even my best yet. My record so far is Spent $53.14 (including tax) Saved $139.10!!! (73% savings)

I just want to brag at how much I'm saving.....my grocery bill used to run around $150 per week. Not including diapers, shampoo, toiletries etc. Now I'm spending around $60 per week including EVERYTHING!!!

Once again.... I {heart} coupons!!!

3 comments:

C said...

Dang, you are good! I am trying to figure it out. I'm too impatient. Good job!!

Tater Four Family said...

Holy cow! I try and try to get into coupons but for some reason I can't. Do you just use the ones from the Sunday paper??

Tater Four Family said...

Hey! Yes I am totally interested. If you could please teach me that would be wonderful! Thanks!!