Each time Gage sees Jesus on the cross he says he says he wants to help get Jesus down. Each time Kaysen sees it he says it makes him sad because he loves Jesus and those nails would hurt really bad.
The movies were a perfect way for them to see and understand a little better. Sometimes, it's a bit hard to explain something that complex to them. Gage knows who Jesus is but doesn't completely "get" the story. Kaysen however tells me that "Jesus loves us and died for us so we can live with him again. And that when we die, we'll come back to life too." We tried to explain that we have to stay in heaven for a bit but that yes, one day we will live again. At least he's understanding that Jesus loves us...that's an important thing to know.
Along with having the Easter Bunny come on Saturday, we've decided to have a "Special Egg Hunt" on Sunday.
Our boys were stoked to be able to find eggs again.
I told them something special would be in ONE of the eggs. So when all the eggs were found they had to open each one to see what the special surprise would be.
Kaysen found it....
a picture of the Savior coming out of the tomb. I told them that the egg was like the tomb that had Jesus' body inside of it. After 3 days, Jesus came out, just like the picture of Christ.
They loved it. So we did it again and again and again. Except now they both want the picture of Jesus. It's been a fun little game that I hope to make a family tradition. It helps keep the true meaning of Easter alive.
Happy Easter!
1 comment:
I love the idea of having the picture of the Savior in the egg! That is so cool. I like how you explained the egg is like the tomb, very cool. Your boys are so smart! They are going to be amazing Priesthood holders! (i know they gotta get baptized first, but still :D) I think it's really cool that you had the Easter Bunny stuff on Saturday and the real meaning of Easter on Sunday. You guys are raising your kids in the right way and it makes me so happy! (not that I expected any less) I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!
Post a Comment