Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Bunny....

We decided that this year the Easter Bunny would come visit us on Saturday morning instead of Sunday. This way, our kids could have the traditional Easter festivities and still get the Spiritual side of it on Sunday.

Here is where the baskets were hidden this year...

I heard Kaysen moving around in his bed and was waiting for him to come in my room and get me. Instead I guess he decided to have a peek at his basket first. He ran in my room saying, "Mom! The Easter Bunny left a basket in the window behind the curtains!!! That's silly!" I said, "Well let's go check it out!" Off we ran to look at his treasures.


Gage woke up a few minutes later and wanted Kaysen's basket. He wasn't even letting us explain that he had a basket hiding somewhere. Finally Kaysen brought Gage's basket out. This is a picture of Gage saying, "Oh thank you, Kaysen!" (as he rips it from Kaysen's hands)


They got a little microscope with fake bugs inside their basket. Gage loves microscopes. However, he calls it a "spy glass"


Kaysen loved the wand bubbles. We hadn't taken them outside to blow yet, but he loved swinging them like a bat. Look at that form!


He's mesmerized by the "chocolate milk bunny"


They were pretty excited when their Dad finally walked through the door from coming home from work. They just couldn't wait to show off their treasures.



Trying to figure out the paddle balls...


Flashback: Every Easter I remember getting one of these paddle games, except it was always wood. I always got one of those giant balloons with a rubber band attached to it that you'd punch around. Besides these two things, and candy the only basket I REALLY remember distinctly getting was when I got a CABOODLE. You know, one of those plastic (tackle box like things) that hold make up. I found it in the dining room under the computer desk. My sister, Lacye got a caboodle too, it was pink and opened like a tackle box. Mine was a teal, oval shape and when the top lid opened it had sides that popped outward. I can't completely remember what was inside the caboodle. I just remember being so extremely excited that I got a make up box like my older sister. I thought I was all grown up. The Easter Bunny did a great job that year.

1 comment:

Mo said...

That's cool! I love the pictures. I don't think the Easter Bunny ever hid my basket...I can't remember though.