Friday, April 15, 2011

Reactions...

I know...posts without pics aren't as fun to look at and take longer to read.

However, I realized that I want to document the reactions each of our family members had when we told them we were having twins. It'll be funny to look back on.

I've been horrible at taking pics of our life lately. I really need to quit being lazy. I am preparing two posts that are going to be specifically about each of my boys. I haven't documented on their current likes and dislikes, trials and such in quite a while. For now though, here are the reactions.

I was alone during the ultrasound that told me I was expecting twins. I tried calling Jerry immediately but he couldn't answer his phone at that moment during work. So I headed to my Mom's house since she was watching my two other boys.

I walked in her house and handed her the pics. She said, "Oh yay! You have a pic of the baby! How cool!"

I gave her just a few second to try and figure it out.

She said, "What's that?"

I said, "Read it." In the top left hand corner of the first picture is the word TWINS.

As soon as she read that 5 letter word she jumped up and down and hugged me. To say she was excited is an understatement. She could hardly contain herself. They will be grandchild number 11 and 12 for them.

We were kinda trying to keep it somewhat quiet becasue I didn't want my kids knowing yet, because I knew Kaysen would be telling everyone he saw that we were having twins. However, he walked up to us and said, "You're having 2 babies Mom." I said, "Who told you that?" He replied, "No one. That's what I say." I proceeded to deny it for the moment. But when Jerry and I decided to tell him a few weeks later that were were indeed having two babies he said, "Does that mean you have one in your belly and Dad has one in his?" Jerry and I just laughed and explained that both of them were in my belly and he said, "That's wierd. It's a boy and a girl." We'll just have to see if he is right.

Finally I got a hold of Jerry. He immediately asked how the ultrasound went and I told him good. I said, Just make a guess about something." He really didn't understand what I was trying to say and then said, "You already know what it is?" I said, "I have no clue what sex THEY are." He said, "What did you just say?" I said, "I just said that I have no clue what sex the babies are." He said, "Shut up. You're kidding." I said, "Nope. I'm, not and my mom is right here looking at the pics and can tell you I'm not kidding." He was just shocked after that. When I got home a few hours later he just looked at the pics and shook his head. he was still in a bit of a shock but admitted he was excited.

We then found my sister who was at lunch with her husband. I couldn't wait untill she went back to work, so I waited in the parking lot for 2 minutes until she came out. We showed her the pic and she said, "Your pregnant. I knew it would happen soon." Once again, I had to tell her to look more carefully and that is when he saw what was really on the picture. She said, "You're having twins!!" She then showed her husband who couldn't believe it either. She wanted me to go to her office to talk about it more. She just kept texting me that she couldn't believe her little sis was having twins.

We then tracked my Dad down at work and showed him the picture. He said, "I knew this was coming." I said, No you didn't. Look at it more closely now." He said, "Twins? No sh**?" (gotta keep the real word for emphasis. It's 100% my dad) Then said, "This means you're done right?" I just said I didn't know yet. I was still wrapping my head around twins.

I then called my fried Cayla and told her. (I know, so much for not telling a lot of people huh? Well we only told immediate family and this one friend at first. Then waited a few weeks to tell extended family and other friends.)
Cayla knew I was getting an ultrasound that day and when she saw my name on her phone but couldn't answer it she was worried that something may have been wrong. See, she happened to call me 5 minutes after I found out through ultrasound that we had lost our baby. So she was hoping all was well for me.
She called me back a few minutes later and said, "So, how did it go." I told her we were having twins. She said, "Shut up Charlsye." (in a real shut up voice. She didn't believe me at all.) I told her I wasn't kidding and then she started to believe me. She has always wanted twins and said if she can't have them at least I could.

The next morning we finally saw Jerry's parents and went over to Jeremy's metal building where they were working to share the good news with them. We showed Karen the picture first and she said, "Yay. You guys are having a baby." Once again. We had to tell her to read it. "TWINS??????" She said. Nelson, snapped his neck around and said, "REALLY?" and just smiled. (It takes a lot to get Nelson to really show excitement about stuff. He's a laid back guy. This was enthusiasm to us...haha :) ) Then Karen said, "Of all my kids, I never thoguht you two would have twins." Well either did we. Then she said, "This is going to be hard to keep quiet but I'll sure try." They will be grandchild number 21 and 22 for them. (all of whom live in Joseph City.)

We then told each of Jerry's siblings and each of them were excited. One of them actually asked if we were sure it was twins. We just showed them the pictures and said that's what we've been told. Each person we told (my family and his) remarked on how uncomfortable and big. They also mention that they weren't envious of us but would be there to help for sure.

When we finally decided to tell other people, we went to my Grandpa Bryants 86th birthday party. My cousin Rikki and I were talking about a house they plan on building and I told her we were planning on adding on to our house. She said, "What the two bedrooms isn't big enough." I said, "Well we are having twins so we will kinda be out room." She said, "So that's the story huh?" I said, "Nope. It's the truth." Then word spread like wildfire and I had to hurry and tell my grandpa. He's been a little irked that he has so many grandkids and none of them have given him a new great grandbaby in over a year. So when he found out we were having two he was sure excited. They will be number 38 and 39 I think, but I could be forgetting a few.

It's been fun telling everyone and seeing all the different reactions. Jerry's was my favorite I only wish it would have been in person. Then Kaysen's of course just made me laugh, as did most actually. Twins are something crazy to be excpecting but we found that so many people we talk to have a family member with them. They are more common than you think, but not any easier to have. And each person tells us how big that person got. Jerry's Unlce Rich's daughter had twins. He told me, "I've seen how uncomfortable women are at 8 months but it is nothing compared to what Jinny was. Her feet looked like elephant feet." Oh boy, the things I get to look forward too. :)

2 comments:

Blain&Deedra said...

You can call me anytime day or night. I'm proud of you for keeping a good record. I'm so happy for you. It will be fun to see you do it too.

Tia said...

I love reading your posts! I always end up laughing so hard. :) I seriously was in shock when I found out you were having twins. I think I said this phrase to Merrick at least 20 times a day for a day or two, "I can't believe Charlsye is pregnant with twins!" Anyway, I'm so excited for you guys.