being Super Man.
Followed by a nice (unplanned) water day at Grandma Miller's house.
Like I said...unplanned. Gage was running around in his pants that were soon covered with mud so we stripped him down to his undies and shirt, then eventually just undies. Kaysen finally gave in and borrowed a pair of swim trunks from a cousin.
Where there is water there is....MUD. And Kaysen sure found it. This isn't even the worst of it. A mere 5 minutes later his arms were completely covered in black/brown muck. He found the mud in the garden. Smelled wonderful. I sprayed him down with a hose before he was allowed in the car.
After Grandma's we headed to Speedy's to get a "Push Up Pop." My boys FIRST Push Up Pop. They were in heaven.
We headed home and were ready to wait the 2 hours until Dad got home from work, but instead we got an unplanned dinner invitation from Greg and Cayla.
The boys and I headed over to their house and Dad met us there after work. We ate PRIME RIB...mmmm. Salad. Potatoes. Asparagus. Pink Lemonade. Peach Cobbler.
Cayla and I proceeded to lose at Wahoo again. On Friday we had Greg & Cayla over for Mexican BBQ and we taught them how to play Wahoo. Men vs. Women. Men won first game and Cayla and I came out of nowhere and won the second. Then they won the third. So last night we were out for revenge but unfortunately we didn't have enough revenge built up in our system because we lost again.
We left their home at 10:30pm which happens to be at least 1 1/2 hours past my present bedtime. I think our whole family fell asleep within 2 minutes of our heads hitting the pillow. I got to sleep until 7:50 when my boys finally woke up. Jerry however had to get up at 5:45 for work. He's gonna be tired today.
So yesterday I loved that it was so beautiful outside (NO WIND and 76 degrees) that my boys were playing out there all day.
Then I loved that we had a delicious dinner with good friends.
Mostly I loved that I didn't even gag last night. (Night time is now the worst time for me but I may just be on the down hill slide now becasue it's slowly getting better)
No comments:
Post a Comment