Wednesday, January 19, 2011

chores

One of the reasons we got Ruger was for our kids to learn responsibility. We wanted our kids to have to feed any animals we may have and clean up after them.

I'd have to say that I thought it would be a fight (especially now that it has been nearly a year that we have had Ruger) to get our boys to feed Ruger. Instead it is a fight between the two of them on whose turn it is. (yay! That is a fight I can deal with)

Tonight Kaysen reminded me that we hadn't fed Ruger yet but also informed me that he could do all of it by himself. So I let him. Of course I had to follow along with the camera. (just to prove to him in 5 years that he did WANT to do it at one time)

Here he is racing Ruger to get the dish. If Ruger beats him there, Kaysen get licked to death as he is picking up the dish. Needless to say, Ruger always wins. (yuck)


Then here is Mr. Cool walking up with the dish so that he can give Ruger the "special" kind. (just the nasty can kind that he gets every other night instead of dry food in the white bucket)
And here is a blurry Mr.Cool informing me that I didn't need to come out there because, "Mom! I told you I can do it by myself!"




1 comment:

Tia said...

What a goof! He is such an independent little kid. I love that about him. Sometimes it makes me want to "body slam" him :P J/k. He's awesome!