Jerry is working nights and so he misses church because he needs sleep.
So, I opted to not go to church today.
My kids were confused.
Kaysen kept saying, "But Mom. Today is Sunday!"
I don't know how many times I had to explain to him that I didn't want them going to church and getting the other kids sick, incase he wasn't really over it.
He would reply, "But I don't have a fever anymore!"
Can you tell this boy loves church???
Man it makes me happy.
Kaysen gets excited when it is Sunday becasuse on this day we watch our "Sunday Movies." (the cartoon moves made by Living Scriptures.) This is the ONLY type of t.v. that is allowed on in our home on Sundays.
Gage doesn't like the rule all that much. He would much rather watch Diego, Mickey or Pablo. Each week he's getting better though and will finally pick one out when it is his turn.
On a Typical Sunday we would watch 1 or 2 before leaving for church at 12:30.
Today I think we watched at least 10.
The boys kept wanting to do other things like ride the 4 wheeler, go to the store, or play baseball. Then Kaysen would remember it was Sunday and say, "Ope. We can't do that can we Mom because it's Sunday. Man this sure is a LONG Sunday Mom."
So I pulled out my Hatch Patch F.H.E packets.
Kaysen and Gage did a wonderful job helping me color. (no pics...oops.)
Kaysen had even more fun helping me glue some of the pieces together. They both loved watching it go through the laminator.
We did F.H.E tonight because Jerry has a basketball game tomorrow. We don't ever do F.H.E on the same night every week. That's what happens when your husband/father does shift work.
Jerry was in charge of the lesson and did it on hymns and how they can help us. He asked us to pick our favorite ones and sing them as a family.
Kaysen however wanted to sing his favorite one by himself....(ignore the messy house...it's Sunday...no cleaning :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment