On Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday night I got about 3 hours of sleep each night due to sick kiddos. I could have gotten more if I would ASK Jerry for help during the night. Seeing as how he has to get up early and go to work though, I often feel bad about making him get up. However, yesterday he had the day off and he doesn't have to go into work until tonight so he'll get a good nap this afternoon. Last night he offered (made me let him) to get up with the kids every time they awoke. I don't think he realized just how much they wake up sometimes though. (he's a very hard sleeper and won't wake up to any sound unless it's me telling him to)
So the first thing that I loved about today was that Jerry got up with the kids at least 8 different times during the night, gave them their needed medicine, calmed their cries and let me stay sound asleep. What a guy huh?
#2 I loved that when Jerry woke up this morning he said I was his "hero" because of the hard work that I do. He didn't realize just how much the kids can wake up sometimes. (may fault)He said between sick nights and Sundays at church(when he has to work) that I am his greatest hero. That was definitely great to hear. I know he appreciates me, but when he says it I just LOVE it!
#3 I love that my awesome sister in law knew that Jerry was working tonight and that I had sick kids so she offered to come over and watch my boys so that I could go check out a clothing botique that was going on tonight. She's awesome. Thanks Jennie!
And just because I am so excited I'm going to say a fourth thing that I LOVED about today. Gage had NO ACCIDENTS!!! Yay! He's doing amazing, even if I have to remind him to go and he's not really telling me all the time. He'll get there. He even woke up from a nap. Went to the bathroom and fell back asleep. I was stoked!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that you are doing what you are grateful for. I am grateful that I have you as a friend and example in my life because you are amazing!! Love ya;)
Post a Comment