I remember potty training Kaysen and wanting to throw in the towel many times. And he was so easy when I look back on it. After 5 days he didn't have any more accidents. And he has only wet his pants/bed two times since. Once he got it, he got it.
We are on our 3rd day of potty training with Gage. It started out rought but now we have had a pretty successful afternoon with only one accident. But in order for it to be this successful he spent quite a bit of time just sitting on the potty as I read him books, etc. I'm trying to reward the kid with anything. He just doesn't really care. He loves any candy (as any kid does) so I thought for sure this would get him to cooperate a bit more. Nope. Sticker then? Nope. Movie? Nope. He says, "Mom pee" as he is doing it. Not before. Needless to say we are disinfecting many places in our home. :) I have a feeling he's going to be a bit harder than Kaysen, but I guess that's just one more way these boys are showing me they aren't the same person.
Wish me luck, or give me ideas on how you got your kids to do it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment