Friday, January 28, 2011

Yesterday...

This was a good week to start this new type of posting.

Gage has been having a fever since Monday night and we thought he was over it Wednesday morning but that night he cried in pain every 30 minutes, which made me think he had an ear infection. I tried all my home remidies to ease the pain and heal it but it didn't work. So we headed to his pediatrician and found that he does infact have an ear infection. Ugh poor kid.

On Wednesday, Jerry and Kaysen went out shooting and on the drive home Kaysen fell asleep. When he awoke his fever was 102.8 degrees. He was extremely mad that I would not let him go to preschool that day. Luckily Kaysen has just had a fever for 2 days and he seems to be better today. (crossing my fingers)

So I'm glad I'm focusing on the things I loved yesterday because man it has been a rough couple of days for everyone in our family.

#1 Yesterday I loved that we went to Show Low and got to each lunch with my mom. (at her house since kids were sick) It has been 3 weeks since we've been to Show Low (which doesn't sound long but man oh man my boys sure missed her).

#2 I love that we went out to the "Badlands" north of town and shot the .22, drove Jerry's RC race car and climbed some hills. Even though our kids were not feeling that well, they were so sick of being inside and it was a warm day so we decided that some fresh air would be good.
Gage could have cared less for anything but the hills. That boy would go hiking everyday if we'd let him.
Kaysen of course was in heaven because we played with his 3 favorite things...guns, cars and dirt.
(no pics of shooting, just videos that I don't feel like uploading at the moment) Jerry of course did good shooting. He never grew up doing this kind of thing but man he loves it now. He's really getting good and hitting pretty much every target. I on the other hand missed every targer (clay pigeon) my first 10 shots. My next 10 I finally hit 6 of them. I chose to stop there. 60% is much better than 0%. Still failing, but better.
Jerry's rc truck got stuck in the loose sand and Kaysen and Gage weren't too happy that Dad could run up that hill faster than them. They wanted to get it "unstuck."

#3 I love that my boys were fast asleep by 7:30pm and Jerry and I got to watch not just 1 but 2 movies together with no interuptions. I sure love our inexpensive little date nights :)

No comments: